Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Awesome Day Twenty Seven: The One Where My Parents Took a Tequila Shot

I am wayyyy late to the game on Awesome Day Twenty Seven.  I blame it on the combination of a booze-filled night followed by an early morning family call time to get ourselves on a bouncy boat ride in the bay (ouch).

BUT STILL.  Here we go.

Awesome Day Twenty Seven was kinda all around Awesome.  Sightseeing in San Francisco, good food, good company, good weather.  Not. Too. Shabby.

But what really made the day Awesome came at the end, in the form of Trivia Night at a packed (and pretty Awesome) gay bar in the Castro--and then culminated with family tequila shots.

Yes.  Family tequila shots.

Now, some of you out there may have families that take shots together; my family is definitely not one of those.  In all my years on this planet, I don't think I've ever seen either of my parents shoot any kind of alcohol.  (Occasionally my dad has been known to drink the extra soy sauce after sushi like a shot, tilting his head back, all in one gulp.  That's the closest image my memory can match.)  And although my mom claims this was not her first, I've never seen any solid proof, so until then...


We didn't win trivia night.  We weren't even close.  There was a round where you had to name pictures of celebrity children, and none of us have kept up on People magazine nearly enough lately.  Our team name--"How do you cure a raging rim fire?"--didn't even win Best Name.   (But in all fairness, there were some creative names out there.)

By the end, though, we were all a little too hammered to even care.  Or at least I was.

Isn't it nice to watch new family traditions blossom?

1 comment:

  1. I've totally seen your dad do that with soy sauce. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete