Friday, August 2, 2013

Awesome Day One: A Crafting Comeback

Anyone who has known me for a while knows that I was once crafty.  I say once because, as I've already explained, the rush of life lately has left me feeling as if I had little time to create.  Not only that, but the almost yearly moves in the last eight years have left with me a very sad stash of arts and crafts supplies.

But when I stumbled upon an idea online that not only promoted DIY crafting, but also a use for all those Instagram photos I've accumulated over the last few years (and six travel adventures)...well...I just had to.

So I dusted off the old crafting cap, and geared myself up for a day of...driving.

Having no supplies to actually do the proposed project, a trip to Michael's was in order.  Which turned into a trip to Home Depot.  Which turned into a trip to a salvage store (an expensive, antique salvage store, thanks to my hipster LA neighborhood).  Which turned into a trip to Starbucks (crafting fuel, of course).

If you've ever lived to LA--or, realistically, been to LA--you know that running errands is NOT as easy as anywhere else.  It requires gumption.  It requires focus.  It requires map-reading (and freeway-navigating and parallel-parking).  But most of all, it requires time.


This is all just a precursor to what may appear to be an "easy crafting project" (which, to be honest, in any other lifestyle would be true).  In the end, after all errand-running and Mod Podge-drying time, the project took two days--but culminated in one Awesome result of handmade crafting success.

So with that, here are coasters fit for a the country's most hipster hood:



(And yes, that is an Instagram'ed picture of my Instagram coasters.  You know you love it.)



2 comments:

  1. Hey there crafty, you got featured on DIY Print Studio (http://diyprintstudio.tumblr.com)! We’re compiling all the most creative uses of our products and your work caught our eye. Wowzers!

    We’d like to give you a $10 Printstagram Gift Card for being so awesome - just let us know and we'll take care of it. Check out http://Printstagr.am for anything else you want :-)

    DIY Print Studio is a new project we’re working on and if you have any feedback or things you think we should feature, let us know. And feel free to send our way anything else you’ve done with our products, we love you!

    If you don’t want your photos or links on our site please let us know and we’ll take them down.

    Hugs,

    SPS Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey friends!! Wow!! This truly is AWESOME! ;) thanks for your support and kind words!

      I will definitely keep on DIY-ing with your products (I have a few ideas in mind). And thanks for the credit!! Not sure if it applies, but I DID just place an order with you all last night--any chance we can use it toward that?? If not, I will gladly accept for the next inspiring round of prints.

      Thanks again for the love. It is mutual!!

      Kat

      Delete