Thursday, August 15, 2013

Awesome Day Fourteen: Puppies to the Park

I woke up so sore from Awesome Day Thirteen on the morning of Awesome Day Fourteen that I really couldn't imagine doing much.  Pathetic, yes, but true.  For all you Yoga Doubters out there--that shit is real.  It hurt to shake drinks at the bar on the night of Awesome Day Fourteen.  I'm a mess.

So, after Awesomely sprawling on the couch for a bit, I decided that Awesome had to happen, even if it was small.  It was a Puppies to the Park kinda day, one of the most Awesome kind of days possible.

Now, I'll be honest.  This post is kiiiiinda existing just to showcase MORE pictures of our dogs, because they are the loves of my life and, like the proud parent of an honor student, I believe that everyone wants to look at pictures of them just as much as I always do (RIGHT?).

There's not much to explain about Puppies to the Park days.  We take the puppies to the park.  They act like the Awesome puppies that they are, running and playing fetch and barking and rolling in the grass.  They make me smile with their floppy tongues and floppy ears.  I practically tear up, wondering how I got so lucky to have two amazing little creatures in my life (while simultaneously thanking the Heavens Above for the craziness of whomever decided to leave little Chloe--the grey one--in a shoe box on the sidewalk when she was 4 weeks old for a shelter to find, because then we found her, and life became that much more Awesome).

For that hour, there is no other part of the world that exists in my heart than that patch of park and those two puppies.  Time stops.

It's a sappy, wonderful, life-is-beautiful kind of activity.

I'm telling you: These dogs are that Awesome.

Here are some shameless pictures (and a video!) to more accurately describe the Awesomeness:





Life is good, my friends.  Real good.





In other Awesome animal-related news:  A new mammal was discovered that is "a mix between a teddy bear and a house cat."  Um, WHAT?  Yes, please.

2 comments:

  1. KAT! I LOVE this! I am putting something like this together as well. You are doing such a great job. It makes me miss you! We should hang out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks rachel!! :) miss you too! let's get together!

    ReplyDelete