Monday, August 5, 2013

Awesome Day Four: The Awesomeness of Nothing

Day Four of Awesome started out not so Awesome, thanks to the less-than-Awesome amount of wine I consumed during the previous night.  Wine hangovers (and the headaches that accompany) are never really worth it.  Ouch.

So I decided to explore the Awesomeness of Doing Nothing:  Cuddling with the two cutest puppies on the planet (biased opinion) for hours, reading an Awesome book in the process, and occasionally glancing at whatever terrible daytime television happened to be broadcasting.



If you think this is a cop out on the search of Awesome, I was originally feeling that way too.  But then I remembered all those weeks of travel with jam-packed itineraries, those days of back-to-back bar shifts, those times during the year where I long for a day of nothing, for a chance to read, or watch TV, of cuddle on the couch, or stare at the ceiling (don't judge).  Sometimes those days of nothing truly are Awesome.

A day of nothing, while perhaps unexciting, is Awesome in its normalcy, too.  If you've ever had a catastrophic day, you'll understand what I mean.  A day of no responsibility, of no haunting phone calls or panicked moments--that's a blessing, my friends.

(Although I was informed by my boss at work--who is following 30 Days of Awesome with daily updates--that I am only allowed one Day of Nothing.  I agree.  So let's hope I don't need Nothing later on this month, because this is it, folks.)

And, to be honest, I did have to haul my hungover brain to work in the afternoon (turns out bills still need to be paid, even during 30 Days of Awesome), so it wasn't quite a true day of nothing.  Still, in related Awesome Day Four news, I got a 100% of my bar test, proving that I could stay employed at least another day.  It's the first test I've taken since the GRE years ago, and I'm happy to see that I can still pull off an A+ (and a smiley face) when necessary.






No comments:

Post a Comment